Easy Homemade Peanut Butter Protein Bars (no food processor)
These easy homemade protein bars are the perfect sweet snack to have in the fridge or to use as part of your weekly meal prep. This recipe makes 4 bars and best of all only takes around 5 minutes to prepare.
So many protein bar recipes require a food processor but this quick and easy recipe you can make without and only needs the fridge to set.
I hope that you enjoy!
1.5 cups rolled oats
1tsp Hemp Seeds
2tsp Flax Seeds
3Tbsp Protein Powder of choice (I used Botanika Blends Vanilla Cake Batter)
2Tbsp Cacao Nibs
3Tbsp Coconut Oil
2Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
Tbsp Maple Syrup
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine the rolled oats, hemp seeds, flax seeds, protein powder of choice and cacao nibs.
2. In a microwave safe bowl combine the coconut oil, natural peanut butter and maple syrup. Microwave for 30 second or until it is melted (but not too hot). Mix together until it's combined into a smooth liquid.
3. Pour the peanut butter mixture into the dry ingredients and mix together until combined and all the oats are covered with the wet ingredients.
4. Line a small tray (I just used a glass container) with baking paper.
5. Press the mixture into the tray and then put it in the freezer.
6. After 20 minutes in the freezer slice the bars, keep in the fridge.